Fall Out Boy: HEY WE HAVEN’T FUCKED WITH YOU GUYS ENOUGH SINCE WE’VE BEEN BACK SO HERE’S A TON OF BABIES, SOME PLATINUM HAIR, NEW MUSIC, A CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO PLUS A BLACK OUT AND MORSE CODE ENJOY
ok so before this starts i want to state that yes i am a fan so please don’t attack me and say “u don’t know anything about the boys!!!” bc i do and yes i know they are very sweet people but that doesn’t excuse them from their shitty actions
anyways i decided to make a masterpost of some questionable/shitty things fall out boy has done because i keep getting asked about it and i think it’s something that does need to be addressed
(this post contains sexism, racism, mentions of rape and some slurs)
- they had sold merch that was culturally offensive (here’s another good link which also discusses their album art work and how it’s offensive) (patrick has addressed the issue and took the merch down but sites like amazon and hottopic still sell it)
- the lyric “put on your war paint”
- pete wentz’s slut shaming tweet (that he apparently apologized for after)
- pete dated a minor while in his twenties
- pete has defended miley cyrus’ cultural appropriation
- people have found sexism and objection of women in the youngblood series which pete shot down without any real reading of the post or trying to see the other side of it
- pete’s use of the slur “fag” in his out magazine article and giving off really weird vibes about homosexuality through out the whole thing
- apparently during two shows pete had said something along the lines of “there’s not enough sluts here” or “there’s too many sluts here”
- these lyrics with a rape undertone to them/a little bit of slut shaming
- more problems with the save rock and roll cover art
- andy hurley wore a rising sun t shirt during the VS show, which he later apologized for
- THEY didn’t sell the merch, nor did they design it and Patrick stated that he had no idea it was printed and agreed it was very offensive.
- About any lyrics that Pete writes, you have no clue how Pete interpreted those in his mind and everyone has different meanings for lyrics so what you’re saying is a matter of opinion.
- If the “minor’s” parent’s were okay with them dating then it isn’t illegal and love and age have nothing to do with eachother. Does that make Pete a pedophile??? No.
- Miley Cyrus should be able to express herself freely, as should Pete Wentz (As should you and I)
- Pete shot it down because he is sick of ridiculous people picking at every move they make and trying to find any small thing that’s supposedly offensive to bring up and cause drama.
- I have never read Out magazine but omg we all know Pete is sooo anti-LGBT right? Right. He didn’t tell everyone to stop using the word gay as a synonym for shitty and even title a song with it, right?
- "Apparently" during two shows he said something about sluts, wow APPARENTLY this must be true! Btw, I bet none of you have ever used the word slut, right?
- It’s ART. ART means something different and beautiful to each individual.
- Andy did NOT dress himself for that show and had no idea what that shirt meant and apologized for it repeatedly.
(if you reblog this, click the Aa at the top & make sure the check mark is next to the word Text)
Yes that’s a brilliant idea. Let’s discuss all of the shitty things our favorite band has done in the past and stir crap up amongst fans. Let’s dwell on how imperfect they are and forget about the amazing music, sweat, tears, laughs, hugs, tweets, thank you videos and all of the other great things they do.
I mean who cares if they are 4 genuinely good people who care about their art and their fans? Fuck that, let’s bring up all of their mistakes!
And before anyone says I’m some delusional fan who worships Pete’s toes or something, I know they aren’t perfect. No shit. But wtf is the point of this? Nothing good can come from it.
okay i’ve never done one of these so i figured why not do one for my birthday? and since i don’t want to give away any of my stuff, i figured i will buy someone something fall out boy related :)
yep, there’s rules sry:
- mbf me (nostalgic4disaster)
- whatever item(s) you choose can not be over $40 including shipping. so if it costs $40, and there’s $5 shipping, nope. $40 minimum please (i’m poor so)
- plz stick to online stores (amazon, go merch, etc) so i don’t have to go to like hot topic or something and have to deal with the post office
- no likes bc if this actually gets notes, it will just confuse me so reblogs only plz
if this gets 50+ notes, i will choose the winner on Patrick’s birthday! 4/27
i will either choose my fave or just put it in a random generator.. you guys can vote & lmk which you think i should do?